The Colbert Real Estate Report
Monthly Market Update for March 2017
Jackson Hole, WY
What Sold in Feb 2017?
- 40% :: Percentage of residential properties selling for over $1 million (lowest in 7 months)
- 60% :: Percentage of residential properties selling for under $1 million
- 12% :: Percentage of residential properties selling for under $500,000 (up from low last month)
- 40% :: Percentage of single family home sales (lowest in 5 months)
- 32% :: Percentage of condo/townhome sales (up from low last month)
- 28% :: Percentage of Land Sales (double last month)
What it means: After recording a low for entry level sales in January (only 1 sale under $500,000), February saw a slight uptick as 3 properties sold in this price range (or 12% of all sales). There were several sales in the $500,000 – $1,000,000 segment, including 5 condominiums located throughout the Valley (Aspens, Teton Village, Town of Jackson, Rafter J, and Spring Creek Ranch). The least expensive single family home sale was a 2 bed / 2 bath home near the top of the Indian Paintbrush subdivision which sold for just over $750,000 after 7 months on the market. Also in this price range was a bank sale north of town, a rarity in our post recovery market. It was an 2,300 sq foot home with a good amount of deferred maintenance, but with Teton views on a 3.23 acre lot. It sold for just over $800,000. Given the activity in the sub $1 million market, sales over the million marked dropped to 40% in February, after hovering around 45-48% for the last several months. That being said there were still several sales above $3 million including homes in Teton Pines, Shooting Star, Skyline Ranch and John Dodge. The breakdown of sales among property type saw quite the mix-up in February, with a large drop in single family home sales (down 30% from January) and large increases in both condo sales (up 15%) and surprisingly, building sites (nearly double from January). With low inventory levels for existing homes, many buyers are shifting their focus to land as they try to build what is lacking in the market. In February, we saw land sales in the Gill Addition in Town, Indian Trails, Gros Ventre North and Shooting Star.
Search ALL Teton County Listings: Single Family Homes, Condos, Vacant Land, Multi-family, Farm/Ranch, Commercial and Leases
- Quick Search or Advanced Search capabilities
- Customizable Map Search
- Search by MLS #, if you have a specific property in mind
- Create your own saved searches
Save your favorite Jackson Hole Real Estate properties or create customized search criteria for personalized direct access.
Set up your account now.