Monthly Market Update for July 2013
Jackson Hole, WY
What Sold in June 2013?
- 46% :: Percentage of single family home sales (consistent with the past several months)
- 26% :: Percentage of condo/townhome sales (down from May – 37%)
- 26% :: Percentage of Land Sales (up again from last month)
- 10% :: Percentage of distressed property sales (same as last month)
- 32% :: Percentage of residential properties selling for over $1 million (vs. 26% in May)
- 68% :: Percentage of residential properties selling for under $1 million (vs. 74% in May)
- 41% :: Percentage of residential properties selling for under $500,000 (vs. 44% in May)
What it means: Despite a drop in sales volume and transactions this month, many other indicators suggest this month was in line with previous months in terms of ‘what’ sold in Jackson Hole. Single Family home sales continue to make up just under ½ of all sales, sales under $500,000 hovered around 40% and distressed property sales (short sales and bank sales) continue to make up 10% of all sales in June. One exception is Land Sales, which made up 26% of all sales this month (see chart above). Over the past several months, the sale of building sites has continued to increase (both in # of transactions and % of total sales), a strong indicator that the real estate market is back in full swing (See chart below).
Please visit the Monthly Market Update tab for the entire July Market Report.
Interested in learning more? Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on anything real estate related – a history of a specific property, a market update on your neighborhood, a mortgage payment calculation for a certain price range – I’m happy to help!