The Colbert Real Estate Report
Monthly Market Update for May 2015
Jackson Hole, WY
Summary – Apr 2015:
- 34 :: Total residential sale transactions (similar to the last 3 months)
- $34,000,000 :: Total residential sales volume reported to MLS (down from last month)
- $1,135,000:: Average sales price of reported sales (a drop after two high months)
- 97% :: Ratio of sales price to list price (up again from last month, highest in almost a year)
- 215 :: Average days on market prior to selling (down from last month)
What it means: Transaction levels remained consistent in April, hovering around 35 sales. We should expect the increase in new listings (See “What’s New?“) to increase sale transactions in the coming months. Reported sales volume in April took a slight dip from previous months, however adding in the estimated sales volume from 4 high end, unreported sales resulted in a slight increase in overall sales volume in April (see chart below). The average sales price in April dropped after 5 straight months of increases. This can be explained by several entry level condo and townhome sales this past month (7 sales under $500,000). For the first time in almost a year, the sales price to list price ratio hit a high of 97%, as many properties are selling very close to list price.
Click HERE to view the entire Monthly Market Update for May.
Interested in keeping an eye on new listings this spring/summer?
Would you like to be alerted as soon as a new listing hits the market in a particular location or price range?
Sign up for automatic email market updates from The Colbert Real Estate Report.