Monthly Market Update for April 2014
Jackson Hole, WY
What Sold in March 2014?
- 28% :: Percentage of single family home sales (significantly lower than usual – down from 48% in Feb)
- 52% :: Percentage of condo/townhome sales (significantly higher than usual – up from 30% in Feb)
- 20% :: Percentage of Land Sales (close to normal)
- 0% :: Percentage of distressed property sales (NO bank sales and NO short sales in March)
- 26% :: Percentage of residential properties selling for over $1 million (down from last month’s 37%)
- 74% :: Percentage of residential properties selling for under $1 million (up from 63% in Feb)
- 40% :: Percentage of residential properties selling for under $500,000 (up significantly from 29% in Feb)
What it means: Unlike February, the month of March saw a higher than average amount of condo/townhome sales, especially in the low and mid-level price points ($250,000 – $800,000). There were 3 condo sales in The Aspens, 2 sales in Teton Shadows (north of town) and 7 condo sales in the Town of Jackson. There were also several higher end condo sales in Teton Village including units at Teton Mountain Lodge, Hotel Terra and a unit in Crystal Springs, which sold for just under $1.5 million (pictured below). Of the 10 single family home sales in March, NONE of them sold for under $750,000 and only 4 of them were under $1 million. The lowest priced single family home sale in March was a home in Rafter J, which sold for $775,000 and represented by far the most expensive sale in Rafter J in the past 6 months. Last month there were no bank sales or short sales, continuing a downward trend and further illustrating that much of that distressed inventory has been absorbed. In fact, since the beginning of 2014, there has been only 1 bank sale and 1 short sale (see chart below).
Please visit the Real Estate Market Report tab for the entire April Market Report.
Interested in receiving The Colbert Real Estate Report Market Updates via email?
Email me at email@example.com or
Sign up HERE to start receiving the Market Updates.
Please also consider following me on social media for up-to-date market statistics, Hot Picks and real estate news and trends.