The Colbert Real Estate Report
Monthly Market Update for February 2016
Jackson Hole, WY
What Sold in Feb 2016?
- 47% :: Percentage of single family home sales (slight uptick from last month)
- 37% :: Percentage of condo/townhome sales (back down after high last month)
- 16% :: Percentage of Land Sales (up after slow January)
- 42% :: Percentage of residential properties selling for over $1 million (similar to last month)
- 58% :: Percentage of residential properties selling for under $1 million (similar to last month)
- 16% :: Percentage of residential properties selling for under $500,000 (big drop from last month)
- 2 :: Commercial Land Sales (after 13 the last two months)
What it means: Single family home sales were back up to average levels in February, while condo and townhome sales dropped back down after a high last month. Land Sales saw a slight increase after a slow January, as several buyers appear to be looking towards the spring construction season. Property sales under $500,000 represented only 16% of all sales after a strong January (33% of all sales). We may continue to see a low number of sales under $500,000 due to increased pricing and little to no inventory. There are only 14 condos currently for sale under $500,000 in Teton County (excluding several tenant in common interests available for sale at the Fireside Resort). Sales above $1 million remained consistent, accounting for nearly 1/2 of all sales in February. There were 4 luxury property sales over $3 million last month, including a home in Teton Pines, Shooting Star, Granite Ridge and a 9,000 sq foot home in the exclusive Indian Springs neighborhood (pictured below), which sold for over $10 million.
Click HERE to read the full Monthly Market Update for March 2016.
Please consider following The Colbert Real Estate Report on social media for hot picks, market trends and industry news.