The Colbert Real Estate Report
Monthly Market Update for Sept 2016
Jackson Hole, WY
What’s new in Aug 2016? (New Listing Analysis)
- 77 :: Total number of new listings in Aug
- Total New Listing Volume: $244,036,000
- Average List Price: $3,169,000
- 44 new residential properties (single family, condo, townhome)
- Average List Price: $2,746,000
- New listings already under contract or sold: 11
- 33 new building sites
- Average List Price: $3,733,000
- New listings already under contract or sold: 3
What it means: The amount of new listings hitting the market has been slowly declining from the peak in May. However, thanks to an influx of vacant lots hitting the market in August, overall new listing levels saw an uptick last month. Fourteen land parcels at the Snake River Sporting Club, a golf and equestrian community south of Jackson, hit the market in August. Note that without these new lot additions to the inventory, overall new listings in August would have followed the declining trend seen over the last few months. The total dollar volume of new listings increased significantly after a slow July, as a result of several high priced lot listings across the Valley. In addition to the 14 lots listed for sale down in the Snake River Sporting Club (10 of which were 35 acre ranch parcels listed between $1.7mm-$2.7mm), there were also two 35 acre parcels listed in the Bar BC Ranch ($8.9 & $9.9 million) and four tracts making up the 580 acre Spring Gulch Ranch ranging in price from $10.9mm – $14.5mm. It’s no surprise that the average listing price in August topped $3 million, easily the highest average monthly listing price in the past year. With the help of these lot listings, August’s new inventory is in line with new inventory levels seen in the past 2 years. While these new listings will no doubt help the overall low inventory levels, it’s also important to note what new inventory is NOT coming onto the market. Only 10 of the new listings in August (less than 20% of all listings) were priced under $700,000, with 4 of them already under contract (as of Sept 10th). On the other hand, 35 new listings in August (or 45% of all new listings) were priced in excess of $2 million.
Notable new listings in August include:
- Rarely listed Golf Creek condo at JH Golf & Tennis – $795,000
- Nearly 10,000 sq foot home in the Gill Addition backing up to the Elk Refuge – $7,500,000
- 13 acres atop Horse Creek Mesa with nearby Forest Service access – $350,000
- Largest lot in Stilson Ranch (7 acres) along the Village Rd – $2,900,000
Click HERE to view all new August residential listings.
Click HERE to view all new August land listings.
Curious about the value of your home? Complete the Home Valuation Request form to receive an estimate of the market value of your home.
Browse Katie’s “Top Picks” for current values in the Jackson Hole real estate market. Updated with new listings weekly. Browse now.