The Colbert Real Estate Report
Monthly Market Update for April 2016
Jackson Hole, WY
What Sold in Mar 2016?
- 50% :: Percentage of single family home sales (another increase)
- 37.5% :: Percentage of condo/townhome sales (similar to last month)
- 12.5% :: Percentage of Land Sales (down from last February)
- 58% :: Percentage of residential properties selling for over $1 million (huge jump from last month)
- 46% :: Percentage of residential properties selling for under $1 million (down from last month)
- 8% :: Percentage of residential properties selling for under $500,000 (lowest % in 3+ years!)
What it means: Single family home sales increased again in March, representing 1/2 of all sales in Teton County. Condo and townhome sales remained consistent after a surge in February. Land Sales dropped slightly in March, probably a result of low winter inventory levels. After starting the year out strong, property sales under $500,000 hit another new low, representing only 8% of all sales in March. This is the first time sales in this segment have dipped below 10% in the past 3 years (since the start of compiling statistics for this report in 2013). We should expect to continue to see a low number of sales in this price point until more entry level inventory hits the market. (Currently there are only 22 full ownership options available in Teton County priced under $500,000.) Conversely, sales above $1 million increased significantly in March, representing nearly 60% of all sales. There were several high end sales in March including a 6,300 sq foot home in Spring Creek Ranch, a Granite Ridge home site in Teton Village and the sale of a 105 acre portion of the large Vandewater Ranch located on the Village Road, which included 3 separately deeded parcels and had both Fish Creek and Flat Creek frontage (pictured below).
Click HERE to read the full Monthly Market Update for April 2016.
Please consider following The Colbert Real Estate Report on social media for hot picks, market trends and industry news.