The Colbert Real Estate Report
Monthly Market Update for Aug 2016
Jackson Hole, WY
What Sold in July 2016?
- 48% :: Percentage of single family home sales (back to average)
- 39% :: Percentage of condo/townhome sales (similar to last month)
- 13% :: Percentage of Land Sales (up after 2 low months)
- 35% :: Percentage of residential properties selling for over $1 million (down from last month)
- 65% :: Percentage of residential properties selling for under $1 million (up from last month)
- 10% :: Percentage of residential properties selling for under $500,000 (down again)
What it means: The breakdown of sales across property types returned to typical levels in July, with single family home sales representing just under 1/2 of all sales. Condos and townhome sales remained similar to last month, but were still a bit below average. Land sales picked up after two months of decline, most likely a result of low inventory levels (i.e. when buyers can’t find an existing house they desire, they may to turn to land to build what they want). Entry level sales took another dip after starting out strong this past spring. Only 10% of all sales occurred under $500,000 in July, the second lowest percentage in the past year (see chart below). As prices continue to rise, the entry level market is shrinking. The hot spot this summer is proving to be the “middle market” ($500,000 – $1,000,000). In June, 36% of all sales occurred in this price range and in July this segment accounted for over 50% of all sales! Sales in this segment included several townhomes and single family homes in Rafter J and Cottonwood Park, which remain popular with local buyers. As a result, property sales over $1 million took a dip after increasing for two straight months, accounting for only 35% of all sales (vs. 45% in June). Further, there were zero high end property sales (defined as sales over $3 million) in July, the first such time this has occurred in the past 12 months.
Click HERE to read the full Monthly Market Update for Aug 2016.
Search ALL Teton County Listings: Single Family Homes, Condos, Vacant Land, Multi-family, Farm/Ranch, Commercial and Leases
- Quick Search or Advanced Search capabilities
- Customizable Map Search
- Search by MLS #, if you have a specific property in mind
- Create your own saved searches
Save your favorite Jackson Hole Real Estate properties or create customized search criteria for personalized direct access.
Set up your account now.